Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Face the Music...

So, Lent begins tomorrow. I have racked my brain, day in and day out, for the better part of the last 2 weeks. I've been trying to figure out what I really should give up for 40 days. I knew that it had to be something that really took my attention from Christ.

Music.

I am a HUGE fan of music. Any music. All music. Just music. I love it. To some it isn't a huge deal. Almost everything that I do involves music. I think while listening to it. I read my bible while listening to it. I worked while listening to it until I got in trouble. I listen to music as much as I possibly can. There is one thing that I don't do while listening to music.

Talk to God.

I am going to spend the next 40 days talking to God in prayer like I've never done before. I am sure to come out of the desert a changed person. This will be an exciting journey.

Prayers, of course, are needed and appreciated.